Timeout exception when trying to update content

I have…

• [x ] Checked the logs and have uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there. Please do not post the log file in the topic because very often something important is missing.

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [x ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

Sometimes, after updating the schema and I try to update the content item, it will throw an exception…

logs: https://pastebin.com/FyY8GJiC

I see that other people are having trouble with some timeout exceptions here and there.

My database in hosted on GCP and Squidex is hosted as a webapp on Azure.

Expected behavior

I except the item to be updated

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Environment

• [x ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [ ] Cloud version

Version: 5.7.0

Browser:

• [ x] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

Why do you host Squidex in two different datacenters? This is the worst you can do for performance.

All Mongo issues are very related to webapp in Azure. I have no idea what it is exactly, but something must be wrong there. It is on the todo list for the near future to investigate this, but right now I cannot do something.

You could enable application insights and collect mongodb profiler logs to investigate it further.

I moved the database due to this error: [SOLVED] 500 error when getting /apps - which seemed to fix that error.

Alright. I’ll try some things. Just trying my luck to see if you had any quick fixes for it. Thanks!

Btw: I have hired a dev ops engineer to take about getting started guides for all major platforms and one of the tasks is to investigate the azure issues. The more you can provide the better.

I also fine similar issues on google with azure sql.