[SOLVED] Disabled fields still have x button (clear field content) enabled

I have…

  • [ ] Checked the logs and have uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there. Please do not post the log file in the topic because very often something important is missing.

I’m submitting a…

  • [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [x ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

By enabling a workflow for making all fields disabled in a form (field canUpdate=false in workflow), when the schema content item is published, all the fields become disabled, except the x button of the fields, but that should be disabled as well.
The x button seems to only be disabled when the field is empty, irrespective of the state of the field (enabled or disabled).

Expected behavior

The x button (clear field) should be disabled when a field is disabled.

Minimal reproduction of the problem


  • [x ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [ ] Cloud version

Version: [VERSION]


  • [ x] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [x ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [x ] Edge


Thx, will be fixed asap.

It was already fixed. You can test out dev-6705 if you want.

Thank you, Sebastian. We’ll update to the version dev-6705 you have recommended.

1 Like

Hi, is it possible to check this fix has been properly applied? It seems the bug is back, could it be a regression in a later version?

Sure, I will have a look. Thanks for updating the original topic.

1 Like

Cannot reproduce it:


I just tried this on almost latest version (
Upgrade backend. (#885) 7c1b33961921fa8f2888a529edc9b67f57583424) and I am seeing the same behaviour. It is only when the workflow is using the ‘Prevent updates’ functionality causing the fields to appear disabled:

However it does appear to be working as expected for some fields, for example the text field when part of a component:

If you disable fields using the schema it does look as expected:

You can also see the faint ‘Disabled’ hint that you do not see when disabling with the workflow.

This obviously isn’t a massive issue as we cannot actually save these changes to disabled fields as the save button doesn’t exist, but it might cause a bit of confusion for our users.

Okay, got it now. It is probably binded to the wrong property. Should be a one-liner.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.