- [x] Read the following guideline: https://docs.squidex.io/01-getting-started/installation/troubleshooting-and-support. I understand that my support request might get deleted if I do not follow the guideline.
I’m submitting a…
- [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
- [ ] Bug report
- [ ] Performance issue
- [x] Documentation issue or request
When creating content that has a references field with a default value specified it is not populated with the default.
When creating content that has a references field with a default value specified it is populated with the default.
Minimal reproduction of the problem
- Create a ‘References’ type field
- Set a ‘Default Value’ to be the content ID of a valid schema
- Create a new record for the schema and see the ‘References’ field has not been populated with the ‘Default Value’
App Name: corecms
- [x] Self hosted with docker
- [ ] Self hosted with IIS
- [ ] Self hosted with other version
- [ ] Cloud version
- [X] Chrome (desktop)
- [ ] Chrome (Android)
- [ ] Chrome (iOS)
- [ ] Firefox
- [ ] Safari (desktop)
- [ ] Safari (iOS)
- [ ] IE
- [ ] Edge
I only thought this might be possible after seeing this other feature request being marked as ‘[IMPLEMENTED]’: [IMPLEMENTED] Default value(s) for reference fields
However after looking through code and commit history around the time that request was worked on I cannot find out how to do it. Tried with every editor and also other field values in case it matched on text. Apologies if I am missing something obvious!