Setting UI Dropdown Limit more than 100 items disabled the field

Hi Sebastian,

Regarding this ticket: [IMPLEMENTED] Relation Field DropdownList UI Item Limit
we’ve waited till version 3.3 release and upgraded our site with new flag below in squidex docker ymal but as soon as that flag is in, all the dropdowns which expected to have more than 100 items become disabled. They are ok when we remove the flag.

UI__REFERENCESDROPDOWNITEMCOUNT: "250"

Could you check if our the flag configuration above is incorrect please?
We have similar configuration for other flags and they seems to work.eg.
ASSETSTORE__TYPE: MongoDb
ASSETSTORE__MONGODB__CONFIGURATION:appname-mongodb

Can you check the chrome network tab for the query that is been sent by the dropdown?

It looks okay. I need to investigate further.

Getting 502 for below:

Request URL: /api/content/app-name/8bf5da41-bb41-41ae-8c23-797ce9f7869d?q=%7B%22take%22%3A250%2C%22sort%22%3A%5B%5D%2C%22filter%22%3A%7B%22and%22%3A%5B%5D%7D%7D

Query String Parameters:
q: {“take”:250,“sort”:[],“filter”:{“and”:[]}}

I run the good request, Station dropdown, which has less than 100 items (37 items to be exact) in Postman and it returns the whole lot of schema payload, not just referenced field but all nested fields as well.

The bad request, Show dropdown, has 137 items but has quite a few fields and nested fields in the schema…may be payload was too big and request time out?

Would be good if only Id and List Field or Reference Fields are fetched in the response for better performance?

Sorry, I haven’t dig into the code so don’t understand how all schema are linked up in the backend; just thought, to bind the reference field UI, should not fetch all fields?

Thats true, there is room for improvements. The dropdown is very inefficient, it is just not built yet for large datasets.