- [ ] Checked the logs and have uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there. Please do not post the log file in the topic because very often something important is missing.
I’m submitting a…
- [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
- [x] Bug report
- [ ] Performance issue
- [ ] Documentation issue or request
The OpenAPI always marks all fields with “nullable: true”, even if the field is required.
It doesn’t matter, if the field was always there or added only after publishing the schema.
The OpenAPI marks only non-required fields as nullable.
Minimal reproduction of the problem
- Create a schema
- Add some fields (some of them required, some of them optional)
- Download the OpenAPI
- See that all fields are nullable
- [x] Self hosted with docker
- [ ] Self hosted with IIS
- [ ] Self hosted with other version
- [ ] Cloud version
- [x] Chrome (desktop)
- [ ] Chrome (Android)
- [ ] Chrome (iOS)
- [ ] Firefox
- [x] Safari (desktop)
- [ ] Safari (iOS)
- [ ] IE
- [ ] Edge
There was the same unexpected behavior (which was then solved) some months ago: [SOLVED] Required fields are nullable in the OpenAPI specification