- [x] Checked the logs and have provided the logs if I found something suspicious there
I’m submitting a…
- [x] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
- [ ] Bug report
- [ ] Performance issue
- [ ] Documentation issue or request
We use the content API to create and publish data points in one of our schemas. We have a script that deletes the schema, creates it again, and starts filling it with contents.
Recently (the last month to be precise), it started to respond with a 404 Not Found error to a great amount of the content creation requests. All the requests are done to https://cloud.squidex.io/api/content/my-test-app/data/?publish=true with different JSON bodies.
It seems that the error is not related to specific content items because the first time we execute the script, it creates the items, then in the next execution, it starts to fail on some of them. After several retries, it might succeed on the previously failed items and err on other ones.
The content creation request should not fail with a 404 error if there is no issue in the provided data and request params. Previously we did not experience such behavior.
Minimal reproduction of the problem
In our case it happens after these steps performed by the API:
- Create a new schema
- Post and publish new contents to the schema (~200 items)
- Delete the schema
- Again Post and publish the same contents to the schema (~200 items)
It might need another loop of these steps to actually start getting the errors on some of the requests.
- [ ] Self hosted with docker
- [ ] Self hosted with IIS
- [ ] Self hosted with other version
- [x] Cloud version
- [ ] Chrome (desktop)
- [ ] Chrome (Android)
- [ ] Chrome (iOS)
- [ ] Firefox
- [ ] Safari (desktop)
- [ ] Safari (iOS)
- [ ] IE
- [ ] Edge