- [x] Read the following guideline: https://docs.squidex.io/01-getting-started/installation/troubleshooting-and-support. I understand that my support request might get deleted if I do not follow the guideline.
I’m submitting a…
- [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
- [ ] Bug report
- [ ] Performance issue
- [x] Documentation issue or request
Traffic reporting on Squidex dashboard is not showing a decrease in traffic although compression has been enabled recently in CDN and we can verify that it works client side (approx. 75-80% less data is transmitted).
Traffic reporting should reflect CDN traffic with compression reduction. Or, if the traffic data on the dashboard intentionally shows traffic on squidex backend, then it might be, that the compression flag is not forwarded by the CDN or not respected by the squidex backend? Either way, the dashboard should show the traffic data that is used for billing and that one should somehow be affected by enabling compression, from what I understand.
Minimal reproduction of the problem
Request compression (e.g. gzip) client-side when requesting data from the CDN. Then check traffic in squidex reporting dashboard. Monitor over a few days. Traffic doesn’t change compared to without compression.
- [ ] Self hosted with docker
- [ ] Self hosted with IIS
- [ ] Self hosted with other version
- [x] Cloud version
Version: latest cloud
- [ ] Chrome (desktop)
- [ ] Chrome (Android)
- [ ] Chrome (iOS)
- [ ] Firefox
- [ ] Safari (desktop)
- [ ] Safari (iOS)
- [ ] IE
- [ ] Edge
Not sure whether this is a bug report or just a misunderstanding on my end, therefore I’ll file it into support for now. Feel free to move it to bugs.