Failed to make the update. Another user has made a change. Please reload

I have…

• [x ] Checked the logs and have provided the logs if I found something suspicious there

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression
  • [x ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

A user creates an item and is unable to save or publish the item due to the error: Failed to make the update. Another user has made a change. Please reload.

Expected behavior

The item should save due to no other edits being made by any other user.

Environment

• [x ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [ ] Cloud version

Version: Docker Image: squidex/squidex:latest

Browser:

• [ x] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:
Is there a way of overriding this option or resetting this validation?

Please use the template for new support request. I have so many questions that are answered automatically then.

I have updated the ticket. Adding to this, it seems it may have been a temporary issue. I have cloned the affected content items and it has not occurred since. My question now is how do I delete these (stuck) items? It will not let me delete them because of the same error ‘Failed to make the update. Another user has made a change. Please reload.’.

I appreciate your help.

Do you have multiple servers running?

Nope, it’s a single container on a stand alone app service in Azure.

Is this an old or new instance? I remember there was a bug a while ago. You can also make a backup of your mongodb and send it to me if you want.

Its a new instance as of a couple of weeks ago. Can send you a copy of the database with reference to an ID of an affected item. Where should I send this?

Please upload the backup somewhere and send me a link via PM

I have the same issue. We think we located it to images. When we change something with an image and with other data, then when we want to save the other data we are getting the error ‘Failed to make the update. Another user has made a change. Please reload’.

I have…

• [x ] Checked the logs and have provided the logs if I found something suspicious there

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression
  • [x ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

A user is unable to save the changes after an change in an asset selector.

Expected behavior

The item should save due to no other edits being made by any other user.

Environment

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [ X ] Cloud version

Version: Current Cloud version

Browser:

• [ x] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

I don’t see how it could be related. When you open a content item, the API also returns an version / etag.

When you click save the etag is sent back to the server and when the etag does not match to the etag in the database, then somebody else has made a change.

We are having the exact same issue on our 4.7.6.0 version.
If we clone the item, the cloned works fine but we need to get rid of the problem items and unsure how to remove them as draft/delete actions don’t work either with the same error message:

We happened to change CMS from 1 pod to 3 pods a few days ago. After that a lot of content update errors and inconsistency in item counts issues coming up so we changed it back to 1pod today; many of the issues went away but this one still persist.

Any of you above fixed the issue? Could you share did you fix it please?
Thanks

I guess you have forgotten to turn on clustering. Check the appSettings.json please.

or ORLEANS__CLUSTERING=MongoDB