Hello - In one of our schemas we have defined a field as array with 10 nested fields. As users are finding it difficult to work with this array field especially when there are more than 50 items in the array , we are working on creating a custom UI. We are planning to add below functionality in the custom UI.
- Render the array items in a table or panel
- Move Item Up / Down
- Delete Item
- Merge an Item above or below
- Add new Item
According to documentation, we have to call valueChanged() by passing the modified array to notify Squidex of the change.
As the custom UI consists of multiple operation
- When should we exactly call the valueChanged() method ?
- Is it advisable to call after each and every operation ?
- Should we have a separate Save button and call valueChanged() on click of the button ? This may result in user clicking on Save again on Squidex UI.
- Since we have registered to onValueChanged() to render the initial UI, calling valueChanged() inturn triggers the onValueChanged() event.
Can you please clarify on the above ?