Backup from a Squidex to another

I have…

• [X] Checked the logs and have provided the logs if I found something suspicious there

2020-06-25T16:09:59Z: Started. The restore process has the following steps:
2020-06-25T16:09:59Z: * Download backup
2020-06-25T16:09:59Z: * Restore events and attachments.
2020-06-25T16:09:59Z: * Restore all objects like app, schemas and contents
2020-06-25T16:09:59Z: * Complete the restore operation for all objects
2020-06-25T16:09:59Z: Downloading Backup
2020-06-25T16:10:37Z: Downloaded Backup
2020-06-25T16:10:37Z: Creating Users
2020-06-25T16:10:37Z: Created Users
2020-06-25T16:10:38Z: The app id or name is not available.

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [X] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [X] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

I want to use Backup from my old Squidex deployment to my new one and have all my old assets in my new one.

Expected behavior

I want to use my backup from my old deployment and use it in my new one.

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Environment

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [X] Self hosted with other version (Azure Web App, with a container)
  • [ ] Cloud version

Version: [4.2]

Browser:

• [X] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

I’m facing the same issue with the message “The app id or name is not available” and may give some hints as I try to resolve this on my own instance:

Version: 7.8.2
Self hostet with IIS

I refer here to the closed topic: [OBSOLETE] Issues with our Import / Export Routine

As explained there, the “restore” of data into an existing app will fail because of reason [irony]you-dont-want-delete-wrong-or-old-data-and-just-import-the-yesterdays-state-to-new-app-for-copy-n-paste-back-everything-you-have-changed[/irony]

So, logically we have only a one-way backup here? :open_mouth:

I wanted to use the already existing app name (because it’s shared across the whole team) - so I decided to delete the existing app and try it again - fail…
I removed every user (except me as the only admin left on the CMS) and removed all apps - I guess now it should work, but… fail… D’Oh!

It works when I enter a new app name.

@Sebastian : do I need to open the MongoDB and remove eveything from the app in there for to use the same app name again?

This sounds like a bug to me. I can have a look to that. But you should just be able to delete the existing app.

It turned out that my work colleague still had data from the deleted app over the API implementation, even we have only one admin account and only one app visible :sweat_smile:

Could it be, that there is a different behavior if you assigned the app to a team?
There are two teams available - but no accounts and no visible apps assigned to them.

Still no listing of the “hidden” app anywhere…

Could it be, that there is a different behavior if you assigned the app to a team?

Could be. If you restore the app from one app to another I think the team ID is preserved and therefore you might not see the app. But if you know the app name you can still navigate to the app.

Curiosly not really - if I try to access the app via url {HOST}/app/{OLD_APP_NAME}/ I get a redirect to /404 - but if I open the API docs {HOST}/api/content/{OLD_APP_NAME}/docs I get all the URL of the content

I guess there is a link to a contributor-object and if the app will be deleted by another owner instead of the creator account then it gets just unlinked from the current owner…

In the admin interface I have removed the default adminuser (from the initial config file) and if I have a look into the contributor section, there is an owner-entry with the name “- not found -”

It’s actually not critical for us (on development machine only) - if I have more time I can try to figure it out