Upload logo & manage theme from squidex admin panel

Hi Team,

Do we’ve any features to upload logo as per application & manage theme of front end application?
Apart from it is there any possibility where I can add my own custom menu in squidex admin panel. The thing is that we’re having SSO(Single sign on) in our website where client admin is login using Azure active directory. So if squidex is allowing to add custom menu then we can add our administrator pages link under squidex admin panel so user can navigate easily.

Awaiting for your response.

Thanks
Jignesh Patel

Hi,

Not yet.

Are you talking about self-hosting? Then it should be relatively easy to add something to the settings.

@Sebastian,

Thanks for prompt response.

I’m not referring about self hosting. Let’s consider I’ve created app from squidex admin now I want to upload logo of the created application. Same logo will be reflected in my Front end application from where I’ll consume API of created app. Same thing to manage theme of my front end application.

Thanks

I see two difficult questions:

1. Is there any possibility where I can add my own custom menu in squidex admin panel.

This would be only possible with self hosting not with the cloud, therefore I have asked.

1. Do we’ve any features to upload logo as per application & manage theme of front end application?

Yes and no. Squidex does not provide default structures, but of course you can create a schema with your basic application settings. Therefore I introduced singleton schemas, where a schema can have only one content item. This schema could have settings like logo (Asset field), title (String), meta tags (Tags) and so on.

@Sebastian thanks for response.

I got it about application settings schema. Regarding self hosting how can I host squidex admin panel under client’s environment?

It is not possible to host the admin panel separated from the service. Either you host the full solution by yourself or you use the cloud.

It is described in the docs: https://docs.squidex.io/getting-started/03-installation

If youi need dedicated support we can talk about a support agreement. But after all Squidex is open source and based on free contributions, so I cannot promise immediate support for free.

@Sebastian, suppose as per information https://docs.squidex.io/getting-started/03-installation here if I host same thing under my environment IIS, MongoDB then do we required to purchase any license?

No, Squidex is free and licensed under the MIT license

@Sebastian thanks for clarifying all doubts.

@Sebastian, As I’ve hosted squidex admin on local environment & it’s working fine. Could you please guide me how can we host squidex on Azure cloud?

I have no dedicated tutorial for Azure cloud as I am not using it myself. If you use docker, you can use the docker-compose files.

I will close this topic now, if you have dedicated questions about Azure please open another post, because otherwise it will be harder to find this support topic.