- [X] Read the following guideline: https://docs.squidex.io/01-getting-started/installation/troubleshooting-and-support. I understand that my support request might get deleted if I do not follow the guideline.
I’m submitting a…
- [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
- [ ] Bug report
- [ ] Performance issue
- [X] Documentation issue or request
Not sure how to proceed updating both helm and installed version
How to instruction/guide on how to update without having to move everything created in old version to a new version
Minimal reproduction of the problem
have an installation of Squidex v. 5.9.0
update that version to 7.1.0
Open Telekom Cloud
App Name: squidex
- [ ] Self hosted with docker
- [ ] Self hosted with IIS
- [ ] Self hosted with other version
- [X] Cloud version
Version: 5.9.0 and 7.1.0
- [X] Chrome (desktop)
- [ ] Chrome (Android)
- [ ] Chrome (iOS)
- [ ] Firefox
- [ ] Safari (desktop)
- [ ] Safari (iOS)
- [ ] IE
- [ ] Edge
So I have been trying to update on our cloud provider server.
I could update the deployment, with the new version, but I did not get the new worker node (that seems to be part of new version) and the app became a bit unstable it seemed.
Currently using helm chart squidex-1.3.0.tgz.
Tried installing the new helm chart (squidex7-1.0.0.tgz), and deploy from there. But in this way I seem to not update the Squidex version, rather I am installing it again and will have to transfer content to the new version.
Is there a way to do this more elegant, using helm or by other means? Basically updating the version of Squidex, without a lot of configuration? I have not been able to find a way.
Thanks in advance.