Updating from 5.9.0 to 7.1.0

I have…

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [ ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [X] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

Not sure how to proceed updating both helm and installed version

Expected behavior

How to instruction/guide on how to update without having to move everything created in old version to a new version

Minimal reproduction of the problem

have an installation of Squidex v. 5.9.0
update that version to 7.1.0

Environment

Open Telekom Cloud
Kubernetes
Helm

App Name: squidex

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [X] Cloud version

Version: 5.9.0 and 7.1.0

Browser:

• [X] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:
So I have been trying to update on our cloud provider server.
I could update the deployment, with the new version, but I did not get the new worker node (that seems to be part of new version) and the app became a bit unstable it seemed.

Currently using helm chart squidex-1.3.0.tgz.
Tried installing the new helm chart (squidex7-1.0.0.tgz), and deploy from there. But in this way I seem to not update the Squidex version, rather I am installing it again and will have to transfer content to the new version.

Is there a way to do this more elegant, using helm or by other means? Basically updating the version of Squidex, without a lot of configuration? I have not been able to find a way.

Thanks in advance.

I have no real plan how to do it with helm to be honest. I have created a new helm chart because the deployment is so different. I am not a big helm user myself, so I am missing expert knowledge. If you have only one Squidex instance in your k8 deployment you can just upgrade the docker tag, but for multiple tags it will become different.

I think the fastest approach would be to create a new deployment and backup and restore the database. If you database is not so big it only takes a few minutes. You can set your old deployment to readonly MODE__READONLY=true and then just switch your DNS record to point to the new instance.

1 Like