Unable to run Webpack server for Management UI

Hi,

npm rebuild node-sass --force command fails for me with this error

ng "D:\CMS\POC-ICIS\squidex-poc\squidex-master\src\Squidex\node_modules\node-sass\build\binding.vcxproj.metaproj" (2) o
n node 1 (default targets).
Project "D:\CMS\POC-ICIS\squidex-poc\squidex-master\src\Squidex\node_modules\node-sass\build\binding.vcxproj.metaproj"
(2) is building "D:\CMS\POC-ICIS\squidex-poc\squidex-master\src\Squidex\node_modules\node-sass\build\src\libsass.vcxpro
j" (3) on node 1 (default targets).
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\v140\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets(57,5): error MSB8020: The build t
ools for v141 (Platform Toolset = 'v141') cannot be found. To build using the v141 build tools, please install v141 bui
ld tools.  Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-cli
ck the solution, and then selecting "Retarget solution". [D:\CMS\POC-ICIS\squidex-poc\squidex-master\src\Squidex\node_m
odules\node-sass\build\src\libsass.vcxproj]
Done Building Project "D:\CMS\POC-ICIS\squidex-poc\squidex-master\src\Squidex\node_modules\node-sass\build\src\libsass.
vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Done Building Project "D:\CMS\POC-ICIS\squidex-poc\squidex-master\src\Squidex\node_modules\node-sass\build\binding.vcxp
roj.metaproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Done Building Project "D:\CMS\POC-ICIS\squidex-poc\squidex-master\src\Squidex\node_modules\node-sass\build\binding.sln"
 (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"D:\CMS\POC-ICIS\squidex-poc\squidex-master\src\Squidex\node_modules\node-sass\build\binding.sln" (default target) (1)
->
"D:\CMS\POC-ICIS\squidex-poc\squidex-master\src\Squidex\node_modules\node-sass\build\binding.vcxproj.metaproj" (default
 target) (2) ->
"D:\CMS\POC-ICIS\squidex-poc\squidex-master\src\Squidex\node_modules\node-sass\build\src\libsass.vcxproj" (default targ
et) (3) ->
(PlatformPrepareForBuild target) ->
  C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\v140\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets(57,5): error MSB8020: The build
 tools for v141 (Platform Toolset = 'v141') cannot be found. To build using the v141 build tools, please install v141 b
uild tools.  Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-c
lick the solution, and then selecting "Retarget solution". [D:\CMS\POC-ICIS\squidex-poc\squidex-master\src\Squidex\node
_modules\node-sass\build\src\libsass.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.72
gyp ERR! build error
gyp ERR! stack Error: `msbuild` failed with exit code: 1
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.onExit (D:\CMS\POC-ICIS\squidex-poc\squidex-master\src\Squidex\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\build.js:262:23)
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:189:13)
gyp ERR! stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:248:12)
gyp ERR! System Windows_NT 10.0.16299
gyp ERR! command "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "D:\\CMS\\POC-ICIS\\squidex-poc\\squidex-master\\src\\Squidex\\node_modules\\node-gyp\\bin\\node-gyp.js" "rebuild" "--verbose" "--libsass_ext=" "--libsass_cflags=" "--libsass_ldflags=" "--libsass_library="
gyp ERR! cwd D:\CMS\POC-ICIS\squidex-poc\squidex-master\src\Squidex\node_modules\node-sass
gyp ERR! node -v v10.15.3
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.8.0
gyp ERR! not ok
Build failed with error code: 1```

I have tried running `npm install --global --production windows-build-tools` in elevated mode to fix this problem but still can't seem to fix this.

Please help me out to fix this. 

Thanks,
Saurav

I am not sure if you still need to run this command, to be honest.

Have you tried it without? If it does not work I would have to Google it as well.

But you only need webpack if you want to contribute, which is of course very welcome.

Hi, I reinstalled everything and it works without the rebuild now. I have removed it from the docs.

1 Like