Squidex Client Library - Asset Client - PostAssetAsync

We are using Squidex.ClientLibrary version 6.8.0 and to add an asset, we’re using the “PostAssetAsync” method of IAssetsClient. When we try to upload a file, we receive an error message “Error while copying content to a stream.” . When we tried the same file via UI, we see “Asset is too big” message. So, we are assuming that the API is unable to handle the error and throws it back as an exception.

Is that the case ? Can you confirm ? Also, what is your recommendation to handle such errors ? Is there a specific exception type that we can catch and act upon ?

Below is the stack trace. Let me know if you need any more details.

at System.Net.Http.HttpContent.<CopyToAsyncCore>d__49.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   at System.Net.Http.MultipartContent.<SerializeToStreamAsyncCore>d__18.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredValueTaskAwaitable.ConfiguredValueTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   at System.Net.Http.HttpContent.<CopyToAsyncCore>d__49.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnection.<SendRequestContentAsync>d__58.MoveNext()
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnection.<SendAsyncCore>d__53.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.<SendWithNtConnectionAuthAsync>d__48.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.<SendWithRetryAsync>d__47.MoveNext()
   at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.<SendAsync>d__4.MoveNext()
   at System.Net.Http.DiagnosticsHandler.<SendAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
   at Squidex.ClientLibrary.Utils.AuthenticatingHttpMessageHandler.<SendAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered>d__71.MoveNext()
   at Squidex.ClientLibrary.Management.AssetsClient.<PostAssetAsync>d__21.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
   at XPS.Gateways.Squidex.SquidexGateway.<AddAssetAsync>d__3.MoveNext() in C:\Projects\Stash\poc\XPS.Gateways\Squidex\SquidexGateway.cs:line 37

Most code of the squidex client library is auto generated and the SquidexManagementException is thrown. But this might be an edge case where it does not work. I will have a look.

Thanks.

It is the file size that is causing the issue, right ? Also, how do we set timeout for individual calls to Squidex via API ? I do see that we can set one during the initialization of SquidexClientManager object but not sure whether it applies to all the clients like IContentsClient and IAssetsClient.

I am not sure, but I think so. The timeout can be set with the SquidexClientManager but not on an invidual level.

Hi, I had a look to the behavior and I cannot provide a better exception message at the moment. So far I think that HttpRequestException is always a 413: Payload too large.

Okay. Let us know once you had a chance to fix it. Will test it out at my end.