Squidex App Version Not Correlating to Mobile App Version

I have…

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [ ] Bug report
  • [X ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

When I update everything on Squidex, there are no issues. However when I check my mobile app to see if these changes have been saved/published, they have not. This is a similar situation to before I purchased the Basic plan.

Expected behavior

That my Squidex changes would be reflected in the app.

Minimal reproduction of the problem

For example, the “Birds” section of the app should include a picture of a parrot that was added to Squidex. It shows no parrot.

Environment

App Name: whopoo

• [X ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [ ] Cloud version

Version: App version 1.1.4

Browser:

• [X ] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

You said you use the cloud version, but now you made the checkmark to docker. It is also not that important, which App version you use.

It is hard to tell the issue without seeing a little bit of code or so. There is no real difference between the free version and a paid version, so I think it has nothing to do with it.

Hi Sebastian,

What portion of the code would you need? The APK can be downloaded from the Google play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.whopooapp.whopoo&hl=en_US&gl=US

Thank you!

If possible everything.

That APK is what is accessible for now. I think part of the publication issue is that when I link the Category to the Animal, a Squidex error appears that says the sequence is invalid. What do you think?

Where do you get this error from?

From the bottom of the screen.

Capture2

It is weird, but it has nothing to do with your problem. It also does not say anything about " the sequence is invalid"

Ok, what is the problem, that the app updates are frozen and don’t go through?

I have no idea, I need the code or something to reproduce it.

Hi Sebastian, ok, I can give you the code from the Squidex panel, does that work?

"id": "0bd77718-fa7e-4e28-82ee-7f37900efc89",
    "created": {
        "value": "2021-04-21T20:17:40.000Z"
    },
    "createdBy": "client:whopoo:default",
    "lastModified": {
        "value": "2022-08-02T12:24:31.000Z"
    },
    "lastModifiedBy": "subject:600b1dba0b0f6802f930903d",
    "version": {
        "value": "16"
    },
    "status": "Published",
    "statusColor": "#4bb958",
    "scheduleJob": null,
    "data": {
        "species": {
            "iv": "Bird"
        },
        "subspecies": {
            "iv": "Raptor, songbird "
        },
        "category": {
            "iv": [
                "1745fe5b-8e2e-424a-9c4d-d271b70b5058"
            ]
        },
        "images": {
                "1e71fe80-7e21-4eae-9ba2-ce544d44676c",
                "6d0c3427-0a7d-46fb-a577-b1265eeeec9d",
                "a5246710-2984-4826-8c09-22c839f2e9c1",
                "45d52892-7e69-4987-a8c1-3d7a2111fd43",
                "fad4f714-5fed-40db-b094-a4a66579acd2"
            ]
        },
        "description": {
            "iv": "With light, strong, internal bones, birds are the feathered flying creatures of our world. Living in trees, brush and on the ground, birds typically build their nests in spring and lay eggs for their young in summer. Many birds are migratory, and will return to the same, southernmost habitat for winter months to find food easier. Birds pass on generational knowledge including these migratory locations via song, visual signals and calls. Bird behavior varies, from mobbing predators, to cooperative mating. Many birds are socially monogamous. Bird's diets include vegetation, berries, seeds, nuts, insects, carrion and live animals such as rodents, other birds, amphibians, reptiles and small mammals. Birds are characterized by feathered bodies, mostly toothless beaked jaws, flexible necks, the laying of hard-shelled, multi-colored eggs, a four chambered heart, being warm-blooded vertebrates and a high metabolic rate. The smallest bird is the less than three inches tall bee hummingbird, and the largest is the African ostrich over nine feet tall. Some birds, like penguins and ostriches, are flightless. However all birds have feathers, and have adapted to various climates to swim, jump, run and of course, fly. Birds are considered the only living dinosaurs.  According to Leonardo Da Vinci's Codex on the Flight of Birds (written in 1506), currently held at the National Air and Space Smithsonian Museum: Those feathers that are farthest from the root can bend the most. Thus the tips of the feathers of birds will always be higher than the roots. So we can reasonably assume that the bones in the wings are lowered, and in raising these bones of the wings they will be higher than any other part of that wing. The heaviest part of the body of the bird guides its movement. Due to human destruction of nesting sites, poisoning, pollution, over-hunting, overconsumption, the exotic pet, feather and millinery trades, 120-130 bird species have gone extinct. Fun Fact: Emily Dickinson wrote \"I have a bird in spring / which for myself doth sing…\""
        },
        "scatDescription": {
            "iv": "No odor, often white with black semi-solids or solids. The poo often is the consistency of toothpaste, neither too dry nor too wet. Can be used as fertilizer. Owl pellets often are hardened, dark packs containing bones and fur. "
        },
        "scatImages": {
                "a4402d1c-1860-4f3e-ba4f-1aa1916105f7",
                "018bebd1-583f-4a01-b9d8-943cd890cf1a",
                "1ea655ce-403a-417c-8191-e16429a9ab88",
                "c909b5a3-a270-47ea-a13e-982987d82a50",
                "fc927fff-c372-470f-af11-9db1a2480c1d",
                "1f200f89-960a-4515-9de3-f8b81f209b88",
                "0e2bca71-a9c6-4a5a-bc3f-06084d36154b"
            ]
        },
        "scatLength": {
            "iv": "<4"
        },
        "scatDiameter": {
            "iv": "<1"
        },
        "trackDescription": {
            "iv": "Three long, slender toes will often be visible"
        },
        "trackImages": {
                "3917fa98-fad5-481b-b03b-1fcb63365537",
                "e092b896-cfda-482b-acdf-034abd049a29"
            ]
        },
        "trackLength": {
            "iv": "<3"
        },
        "trackWidth": {
            "iv": "<3"
        },
        "habitats": {
            "iv": "US"
        }
    },
    "schemaName": "animals",
    "schemaDisplayName": "animals",
    "referenceFields": [
        {
            "fieldId": 1,
            "name": "species",
            "properties": {
                "isRequired": false,
                "isRequiredOnPublish": false,
                "isHalfWidth": false,
                "fieldType": "String",
                "createEnum": false,
                "editor": "Input",
                "inlineEditable": false,
                "isEmbeddable": false,
                "isUnique": false,
                "contentType": "Unspecified"
            },
            "isLocked": false,
            "isHidden": false,
            "isDisabled": false,
            "_links": {},
            "canAddField": false,
            "canDelete": false,
            "canDisable": false,
            "canEnable": false,
            "canOrderFields": false,
            "canHide": false,
            "canLock": false,
            "canShow": false,
            "canUpdate": false,
            "partitioning": "invariant",
            "nested": []
        }
    ],
    "_links": {
        "self": {
            "href": "/api/content/whopoo/animals/0bd77718-fa7e-4e28-82ee-7f37900efc89",
            "method": "GET"
        },
        "previous": {
            "href": "/api/content/whopoo/animals/0bd77718-fa7e-4e28-82ee-7f37900efc89/15",
            "method": "GET"
        },
        "draft/create": {
            "href": "/api/content/whopoo/animals/0bd77718-fa7e-4e28-82ee-7f37900efc89/draft",
            "method": "POST"
        },
        "status/Archived": {
            "href": "/api/content/whopoo/animals/0bd77718-fa7e-4e28-82ee-7f37900efc89/status",
            "method": "PUT",
            "metadata": "#eb3142"
        },
        "status/Draft": {
            "href": "/api/content/whopoo/animals/0bd77718-fa7e-4e28-82ee-7f37900efc89/status",
            "method": "PUT",
            "metadata": "#8091a5"
        },
        "delete": {
            "method": "DELETE"
        },
        "patch": {
            "method": "PATCH"
        },
        "update": {
            "method": "PUT"
        }
    },
    "canDelete": true,
    "canDraftCreate": true,
    "canDraftDelete": false,
    "canCancelStatus": false,
    "canUpdate": true,
    "statusUpdates": [
        {
            "status": "Archived",
            "color": "#eb3142"
        },
        {
            "status": "Draft",
            "color": "#8091a5"
        }
    ]
}

You say, when you create a content via your mobile app you do not see the current version in the app. If some changes are made from the API that do not update the content this would be a major and very serious bug.

So it is very likely that this has been found much earlier. For me it is more likely that something is wrong on the client side. To reproduce that and to understand what the reason could be, I have to understand what exactly you are doing. If you cannot provide this information, I don’t see how I can help.

Hi Sebastian, ok thank you, I will explain. I am editing the information via the Squidex platform only, and my edits are not reflected in the published app. For example, according to the Squidex platform, the parrot image should appear on the mobile app’s Bird category. But it doesn’t. I tested adding images via the app - to ensure I could and they would arrive at Squidex – and the images were sent. So it seems that the issue is on the Squidex side.

This exact problem occurred before I upgraded to the Basic plan. I could add whatever I wanted, but Squidex wouldn’t correlate to the mobile app. It was almost like all of my changes were frozen. Once I upgraded to Basic, the problem never occurred again until now.

Which parrot image?

When I make the request via postman (using the client credentials from your app), I get the following response:

It shows 5 images, exactly as in the UI. The second image has the same ID as the parrot image, you uploaded 4 days ago.

It really looks like an educational project. If you can, send me the source code via PM or provide an easy way to reproduce the issue, otherwise I have to close the issue.

Sure, please reproduce the issue by downloading the app onto your phone from Google Play or the Apple store. When you do, you will see that the images in the app don’t match the images on Squidex. For example there is no parrot image in the app at all, and images that have been deleted appear (see attached).

I realize this is frustrating

The app does not show anything at all for me (Android).

Uh oh so the app is completely empty on Android?

Yes, not sure if it happens on all devices.