[SOLVED] Watching Users broken in v7.x

I have…

• [x] Checked the logs and have uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there. Please do not post the log file in the topic because very often something important is missing.

I’m submitting a…

• [x] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [ ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

When two users are editing the same piece of content there is no indication on the UI that they are doing so. Block is there but empty.

Expected behavior

The concurrent users can see that the other one is editing in the ‘watching users’ section of the

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Be editing the same piece of content at the same time as another user.

Environment

• [x] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [x] Cloud version

Version: 7.1 - 7.3

Browser:

• [x] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:
Got colleagues to check the behaviour in v6.x of their Squidex instance and it was working for them, but then their relatively new v7.x version of Squidex also experienced this regression.

I also tried this with a colleague on my free cloud version and we could not see each other.

I will have a look tomorrow.

1 Like

4 character for the fix :frowning:

1 Like

So often the case! Thanks for looking into it and fixing it so promptly. Will test it out to appease colleagues who noticed it missing and they they’ll have to wait for v7.4(?) to get it working.

Yes, but I think I will just make the other improvement for you for custom claims and then we could release a new version.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.