[SOLVED] Replaying a Rule Runs for Unrelated Content Records

I have…

• Checked the logs and have uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there. Please do not post the log file in the topic because very often something important is missing.
    (We don’t currently have logs for this issue but can re-create and provide if helpful)

I’m submitting a…

• Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)

Current behavior

When a rule is replayed via the menu option:

It is running for a lot more content records than it should do, including ones in other schemas that the rule is not configured to use.
The schema is only configured on the “family” schema:

but when replayed it’s picking up contents from other schemas and trying to use those:

To clarify, it’s not running all of the jobs, it’s running the one job but with all of the contents. Some seem to work if they have the correct format for the body liquid template, but some error if they don’t have the correct format.

Expected behavior

We would expect only that one rule to be run with only the data from the schemas related to that rule

Minimal reproduction of the problem

• Create a schema called ‘Schema1’
  • Create a schema called ‘Schema2’
  • Create a rule with an email action on ‘Schema1’
  • Create a rule with a comment action on ‘Schema2’
  • Create a content in ‘Schema1’
  • Verify an email is sent
  • Create a content in ‘Schema2’
  • Verify a comment is added
  • Replay the email rule
  • 2 emails are sent

Environment

• Self hosted with docker
  • Cloud version

Version: 7.7.0 plus code customisations but also verified on cloud.squidex.io in minimal example as above.

Browser:

• Chrome (desktop)

Others:
This used to work in version 6.7

Thanks a lot. Fix is pushed.

This topic was automatically closed after 41 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.