[SOLVED] "References must be published" validation is not working with the "List" editor

I have…

• [ ] Checked the logs and have uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there. Please do not post the log file in the topic because very often something important is missing.

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [x] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

“References must be published” validation is not working with the “List” editor when it is an optional field.

Expected behavior

“References must be published” validation should work with the “List” editor when it is an optional field.

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Create and publish two schemas viz schema1 and schema2.
Add schema1 as a reference field in schema2 and select the “List” editor, check “References must be published” option and don’t check the “Required” option (let this field be optional) and save the schema.
Add and save some content in schema1 and let it be in draft state.
Add new content in schema2 and select the unpublished content in the optional field from the referenced schema1.
Click save and the content will be saved without any validation error message.

Environment

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [x] Cloud version

Version: Latest, Current Cloud Version

Browser:

• [x] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

You are right, the behavior is weird or the wording is incorrect. It is more like “Only validate published items.”

I think it is a wording issue. I will not change the behavior for now but describe it better.

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.