[SOLVED] Published items

I have…

• [ ] Checked the logs and have uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there. Please do not post the log file in the topic because very often something important is missing.

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [X] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [X] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

As until now the content api was returning correctly the published content only.

Published items
By default the content api returns only published content. You can use the X-Unpublished header to also return draft content.

Now it always returns the newest version (included draft content).

Expected behavior

The api should return the latest content published, unless X-Unpublished is set.

Minimal reproduction of the problem

• create a draft
  • edit the content in draft mode

The api returns the content modified instead of the version in “published state”

Environment

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [X] Cloud version

Version: [VERSION]

Browser:

• [ ] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

This is currently creating major issues on the production environment, at the moment we have multiple content from different jobs in draft state, therefore we cannot easily mitigate the problem nor we can finish the jobs until the bug is fixed.

Please let us know.

I cannot reproduce it yet.

Okay, it happens when you have a dedicated Draft version.

I have a fix and will publish it today, but I do not have a solution to fix the content itself. I also added the case to the API tests which was unfortunately not the case yet.

I can rebuild the content database from the events, BUT I have to set the cloud to read only for around 30 minutes and I cannot do it without an announcement.

Don’t worry, if the api is fixed, we have a sync mechanism to restore our data from the content on squidex :slight_smile:
So if the api is responding with only the content in published state (draft if X-Unpublished header is set) it is ok

The bug was that the wrong data was stored in the collections. Therefore my bugfix cannot fix the content items that have been created with a draft item within the last week.

Oh, ok.
Let me know when the fix is deployed, tomorrow morning we’ll try to understand the extension of errors in production and see if we can manually fix the contents.

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.