[SOLVED] No remove button for schema categories

I have…

• [ X] Checked the logs and have uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there. Please do not post the log file in the topic because very often something important is missing.

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [X ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

1. You can create empty categories on schema’s.
  2. I created a user with basically no rights, but he can still create new apps on the /app page. And when that users creates a new app. The app he created there is not visible for the global administrator.
  3. (Not really a bug) But I cant remove created scheme categories.

Expected behavior

1. An error messages with the message that you cant create empty categories.
  2. I expect that not everybody can create new apps an when an user has that right, that de new created app will show up on the administrator panel.
  3. That you can remove the categories.

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Environment

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [X] Self hosted with other version (visual studio)
  • [ ] Cloud version

Version: Latest

Browser:

• [X ] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Thank you very much:

1. This is not a bug. The category is only visible on the client as a placeholder for drag and drop. But the categories are only implemented by assigning a category field to each schema.

2. Also not a bug, everybody can create clients and the admin does not see the apps either. The reason is the cloud where thousand of apps exists with data that the admins should not see. You can add an explicit permission to see the app: https://docs.squidex.io/02-documentation/concepts/permissions#administration (last paragraph)

3. This is indeed a bug, when you talk about empty categories. You cannot remove non-empty categories because of 1)

1. Oke that’s clear

2. So for instance, I have a server where I host Squidex. My customers can login on that server and only see there own apps. But I don’t understand the choice to allow everybody to create apps. Because if I add an user with only edit rights, I only want him to edit content, not to create new apps on my server (or on the cloud version, because then it will cost me more recourses).

3. :slight_smile:

There is a setting for that: https://github.com/Squidex/squidex/blob/master/backend/src/Squidex/appsettings.json#L72

My bad! Thanks for your help