[SOLVED] Failed with internal error on backup restore

I have…

• [X ] Checked the logs and have provided the logs if I found something suspicious there

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [X ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

We can succesfully backup an app on one server, but when we try to restore from the backup URL we get an internal server error

Expected behavior

Expectation is that the app will restore from backup

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Go to a clean install of squidex and under Administration got to restore from backupURL

Environment

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ X] Self hosted with other version
  • [ ] Cloud version

Version: [VERSION]

Browser:

• [ ] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ X] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

When I download the backup directly on the URL it downloads as 1.1GB zip

Squidex Log:

{
“logLevel”: “Error”,
“action”: “retore”,
“status”: “failed”,
“operationId”: “cac5036e-a11c-415a-a23c-94a4eb1e2f88”,
“url”: “http://cms.domain.co.za/api/apps/app-name/backups/a1f4e505-ecc8-4208-935a-939c5523bfe7”,
“profiler”: {
“Download”: {
“elapsedMsTotal”: 100002,
“elapsedMsAvg”: 100002,
“count”: 1
}
},
“exception”: {
“type”: “System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException”,
“message”: “The operation was canceled.”,
“stackTrace”: " at System.Net.Http.HttpConnection.ChunkedEncodingReadStream.CopyToAsyncCore(Stream destination, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\n at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionResponseContent.SerializeToStreamAsync(Stream stream, TransportContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\n at System.Net.Http.HttpContent.LoadIntoBufferAsyncCore(Task serializeToStreamTask, MemoryStream tempBuffer)\n at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncBuffered(Task\u00601 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)\n at Squidex.Domain.Apps.Entities.Backup.Helpers.Downloader.DownloadAsync(IBackupArchiveLocation backupArchiveLocation, Uri url, String id) in /home/amz/Workspace/swarm/imperial-auto/imperial-auto-cms/backend/src/Squidex.Domain.Apps.Entities/Backup/Helpers/Downloader.cs:line 44\n at Squidex.Domain.Apps.Entities.Backup.RestoreGrain.DownloadAsync() in /home/amz/Workspace/swarm/imperial-auto/imperial-auto-cms/backend/src/Squidex.Domain.Apps.Entities/Backup/RestoreGrain.cs:line 294\n at Squidex.Domain.Apps.Entities.Backup.RestoreGrain.ProcessAsync() in /home/amz/Workspace/swarm/imperial-auto/imperial-auto-cms/backend/src/Squidex.Domain.Apps.Entities/Backup/RestoreGrain.cs:line 164"
},

I think it was the default timeout. I have increased it in the latest dev release. But Github has issues and is down temporarily, so it might take some time for the CI to pick it up.

would this require an update to squidex or will we be able to make updates on our current version?

This is an update in the code.

yikes. will have to look ad DB backup and restore due to timelines

HI, is this available on github yet>?