[SOLVED] Error: The client noticed that the server is not a supported distribution of Elasticsearch

I have…

• [ ] Checked the logs and have uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there. Please do not post the log file in the topic because very often something important is missing.

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [x] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

Expected behavior

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Environment

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [x] Cloud version

Version: [VERSION]

Browser:

• [x] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

I have setup the custom rules with the Elastic search plugins but it gives me the below error every time.

"The client noticed that the server is not a supported distribution of Elasticsearch.

Error: The client noticed that the server is not a supported distribution of Elasticsearch.

Elapsed 00:00:00.2400000."

It would help to provide the details how you have configured the rule. I use the official client, so it seems for me that something is misconfigured on your side.

Hi @Sebastian,

I did rule configuration on self hosted instance that was working fine. Same configuration moved on cloud but it’s not working.

Below configuration is working with self hosted instance but not on cloud.

But what is your server URL? You can send it over PM! Do you have an elastic search server without username and password accessible in the internet?

Yes, We have a Elasticsearch without username password. Elastic search URL shared over PM.

I have not received a PM. Please do not send me emails. Click my avatar to send me a PM.

URL shared with you in PM.

Below configuration is working with self hosted instance but not on cloud.

Thats weird. What is self hosted version?

@Sebastian

Self hosted instance version is 5.4.0.

Perhaps the elastic version is not compatible with the client.

@Sebastian

I am using Elasticsearch 7.10.2 in personal VPS server. Which version you recommended for cloud squidex? Because it’s working fine with squidex 5.4.0.

If have a any solution please share.

Have you read this? The solution is to migrate Squidex to OpenSearch.

As I understand squidex cloud is hosted using the AWS service and it is compatible with OpenSearch. So I need to move Elastic search to open search. Am I correct?

No, ElasticSearch is used by many companies and they make money with it. Like Amazon with their AWS solution. The elastic company was angry about that and changed the license. Furthermore they introduced new client libraries which are not compatible with other elastic distributions anymore. I am updating dependencies regularly, therefore the Squidex cloud version (which uses a newer version) does not work with other distributions. Therefore I have to migrate the Squidex version to use the OpenSearch client, which does not have this problem.

Thank a lot for clarify the reason and quick reply.

I hope to see this update soon.

Again, thanks & appreciated your effort.

Can I push a test document to your instance?

@Sebastian Yes, you can push.

Okay, it works. You should see my document.