[SOLVED] Error Main Category - must not have more than 1 character(s)

I have…

• [ ] Checked the logs and have uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there. Please do not post the log file in the topic because very often something important is missing.

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [X] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

I am adding a Main Category to my blog post, this was always and requirement before being able to safe a draft. Currently, when I save the blog post with a similar category as the Main Category like always, I get the error: Main Category must not have more than 1 character(s).
This way I am not able to save the blog post as this field stays red.

Expected behavior

I add one of our categories as a Main Category to my blog post, after this I am able to save the blog post once all required fields are filled in.

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Add a new blog post, fill in required fields. Select one of the categories in the Main category, save the blog - BUG

Environment (I don’t know)

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [ ] Cloud version

Version: [ 5.0.0.0]

Browser:

• [ ] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [X] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

Do you use the cloud or your own installation?

Do you have an example schema or your app name for me? I need more information because I cannot reproduce a general error with required fields.

Hi Sebastian,

I think we use the cloud. Our app is called travel-diaries. I’m not sure how to give you an example schema, if you explain me I will provide you with more information. I’ve added a screenshot of the schema that is giving is issues.

Looking forward to hear from you soon!

I can reproduce it now. It is a bug with the dropdown editor. You can fix it by moving temporarily to another editor or by waiting for the fix which will be released today.

1 Like

I am still experiencing this issue. Could you please let me know when it is expected to be fixed? We would like to continue working on it today, moving to another editor doesn’t seem to be a quick solution for us. Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks!

I cannot reproduce it anymore. Perhaps the frontend is cached on your machine?

Clearing my browser’s cache did the trick, thanks!!

1 Like