[SOLVED] 'Delete' action appears in Contents view when user does not have permission

I have…

• [x] Checked the logs and have uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there. Please do not post the log file in the topic because very often something important is missing.

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [x] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

When I do not have permission to Delete content the ‘Delete’ option is still available under the ‘ACTIONS’ ellipsis. If you click ‘Yes’ on confirmation popup it correctly does not allow the operation and shows a ‘Forbidden’ message.

Expected behavior

When I do not have permission to Delete content the ‘Delete’ option is not available or is disabled under the ‘ACTIONS’ ellipsis.

Minimal reproduction of the problem

1. Have a user who can read but not delete content for a schema that has some content
  2. Navigate to the Contents view of that schema
  3. Click the ellipsis (…) in the ‘ACTIONS’ column for a piece of content
  4. Click ‘Delete’ in the dropdown
  5. Click ‘Yes’ in the confirmation popup

Environment

• [x] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [ ] Cloud version

Version: 6.8.0

Browser:

• [x] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [x] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:
Obviously the actual delete action is not allowed in the end so not a major issue, but it may make users feel like they do have permission.

Will the ‘ACTIONS’ column automatically disappear if that last option is removed? If so that could be beneficial to users by taking up less room when viewing content lists.

I will disable the action for now. I do not want to dig into the rabbit hole of removing columns or dropdowns and so on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.