- [x] Read the following guideline: https://docs.squidex.io/01-getting-started/installation/troubleshooting-and-support. I understand that my support request might get deleted if I do not follow the guideline.
I’m submitting a…
- [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
- [ ] Bug report
- [ ] Performance issue
- [x] Documentation issue or request
After upgrading to 7+ it seems that the transmitted request body is formatted differently when looking at the logs of my rule triggering a webhook. This isn’t a problem in general, but it seems that this also impacts the computation of the signature. I had to change my computation when reading the request body from
JSON.stringify(body,null,2) to take the indentation into account.
I am not sure if this is a bug or not - it still works as expected if you know that change. But it could potentially break a lot of existing implementations not being aware of it. And I had a hard time to find out what’s going on. I just tried it out because I read that the JSON serialisation changed in 7.x.x and wanted to give it a try.
Minimal reproduction of the problem
Simply create a webhook rule and make use of shared secret.
- [x] Self hosted with docker
- [ ] Self hosted with IIS
- [ ] Self hosted with other version
- [ ] Cloud version
- [ ] Chrome (desktop)
- [ ] Chrome (Android)
- [ ] Chrome (iOS)
- [ ] Firefox
- [ ] Safari (desktop)
- [ ] Safari (iOS)
- [ ] IE
- [ ] Edge