- [x] Read the following guideline: https://docs.squidex.io/01-getting-started/installation/troubleshooting-and-support. I understand that my support request might get deleted if I do not follow the guideline.
- [x] Used code blocks with ``` to format my code examples like JSON or logs properly.
I’m submitting a…
- [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
- [ ] Bug report
- [ ] Performance issue
- [x] Documentation issue or request
Squidex Login sreen disappears quickly when using the noproxy dockerized version of Squidex behind apache proxy. Apache proxy is running on “mydomain.com” while Squidex is running on “mysquidexdomain.com”
Login route and all other authenticated route would work properly behind an apache proxy when using the noproxy dockerized version of Squidex
Minimal reproduction of the problem
Downloaded docker-compose-noproxy.yml as well as the .env file, according to the documented steps for running Squidex out of docker containers.
Configured .env withSQUIDEX_DOMAIN=mydomain.com. This domain name is the public facing domain name of the intended apache proxy server, not the Squidex server.
built/ran containers with docker compose up -d
Inserted the following proxy directives into apache’s httpd.conf:
Note that I’m using plaintext http for the Squidex backend and not https.
```# Proxy settings to proxy to Squidex backend
- Visited “mydomain.com”. The site loaded and the landing/front page of Squidex was visible, but upon pressing the login button, it quickly disappeared.
I suspect this fault occurs due to an insufficient Apache proxy setup towards the Squidex backend, so any help/guide to valid apache proxy directives for Squidex would be greatly appreciated.
To isolate the issue, also rebuilt and reran the noproxy docker image of Squidex with mysquidexdomain.com as baseurl in the .env file directly, to check if the noproxy version worked without using any proxy. That seemingly worked well, so I guess the question is whether there’s some documentation on how to use Squidex behind an apache Proxy that’s located on a separate server than Squidex itself.
Many thanks in advance!
- [x] Self hosted with docker
- [ ] Self hosted with IIS
- [ ] Self hosted with other version
- [ ] Cloud version
Version: [7.8.1 latest through docker noproxy image]
- [ ] Chrome (desktop)
- [ ] Chrome (Android)
- [ ] Chrome (iOS)
- [ ] Firefox
- [ ] Safari (desktop)
- [ ] Safari (iOS)
- [ ] IE
- [x] Edge