[POSTPONED] Data restore regenerated GUID string value

I have…

• [ ] Checked the logs and have provided uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there.

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [X] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

I have schema with a string field (let’s call it externalId) set to unique and required. The values I save on this field are GUIDs I get from another application. This is how I link objects I get from that application to the contents on Squidex.

I’ve backed up the data on 1 Squidex instance and restored to a fresh instance. When I checked the values of externalId on the new instance, they were completely different and looked like regenerated GUID values

Expected behavior

I expect the values to not change, since it is inputted by the user.

Minimal reproduction of the problem

• Create a new schema with a string value set to required and unique
  • Create a new content on this schema and assign a GUID value to the field. (e.g. b3372d3a-b1ed-4ee2-b031-aa4c0176acf1)
  • Backup Squidex data and restore to a new instance
  • Check the value of the content on the new instance

Environment

• [X] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [ ] Cloud version

Version: dev

This will a hard one. Squidex regenerates all guids during restore to ensure that no conflicts with the old app exists, in case you want to clone your app. The assumption was that all guids are actually from Squidex.

A workaround for you would be prefix your guide with something, because I don’t know if there is a quickfix for this problem.

Thanks Sebastian, I’ll give that a go

1 Like