Need to import backup to cloud

I have…

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [ ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ x] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

I need to import a backup that I created in the Squidex Cloud back into Squidex Cloud, but there is no option to do so in the UI.

Expected behavior

I am able to import the backup.

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Environment

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [x ] Cloud version

Version: [VERSION]

Browser:

• [ ] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [x ] Edge

Others:

Hi, it is by design.

I want to manually check the backups before applying them to the system. Therefore i need the URL to your backup. Then I will test it locally and then restore it.

BUT: The backups cannot be applied to existing apps. It would be a clone of your current app. So you either need a new name or you download the backup, then delete the app and then I can restore it with the current name.

Hi, I understand.
I don’t really care about the name of the app, as long as our content is back. The name of the new app can be topikon-2020 for example.

I tried to restore the backup in a quickly spun-up instance locally on docker, but while the import process itself works, there is no content or schemas visible. When I try to create a schema that I know as there before, Squidex says that the schema already exists …

Anyway, I hope restoring it on the cloud service will work.

Thank you.

The cloud version is still on 4.X and you probably have used 5.0 locally, which does not work.

I see, I switched to 4.7.4 and can now properly import the backup.
At least I can now confirm that the backup was properly created and is working, thanks for the hint!

1 Like