[MINOR_ISSUE] Not possible to edit referenced content on cloud version. (404)

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [ x ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

When trying to edit an existing content reference in a reference collection I am shown a 404 page.

Expected behavior

There is an edit icon and a delete icon in the content menu for referenced content so I expect the modal for that content to show up, allowing me to edit the fields

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Create schema with references field -> add content reference -> hover over the three dots and click the edit icon

Environment

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [ x ] Cloud version

Version: [VERSION]

Browser:

• [ x ] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

I cannot reproduce it. It opens it on my machine. If you have a sample please provide a link and invite me to the app.

The feature request to show the modal instead should be tracked separately.

I invited you (the user with your name) to a demo project where you can test this bug:
https://tinyurl.com/y4c45mmb

The modal, or however the edit-page is displayed, is not important to me as such. It was just an example of the behavior I expect when clicking the edit button.

I see, the problem is that the schema is not published anymore.

It is a problem, but it is a little bit more complicated to fix and does not sound very urgent to me.

Right.
I have made it a habit of unpublishing content that I want to be used only as components within other contents so that they are not visible to the editors as standalone content. I see how that is not viable…

Thank you for pointing this out