[INACTIVE] HistoryService & RuleEnqueuer nullreference

I have…

• [X ] Checked the logs and have uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there. Please do not post the log file in the topic because very often something important is missing.

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [X ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

Both HistoryService & RuleEnqueuer throws nullreference when trying to run thus not working at all.

Expected behavior

To run

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Environment

• [X ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [ ] Cloud version

Version: [VERSION]

Browser:

• [X ] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

HistoryService
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Squidex.Domain.Apps.Entities.History.HistoryService.On(Envelope1 event) in /src/src/Squidex.Domain.Apps.Entities/History/HistoryService.cs:line 71 at Squidex.Infrastructure.EventSourcing.Grains.EventConsumerGrain.DispatchConsumerAsync(Envelope1 event) in /src/src/Squidex.Infrastructure/EventSourcing/Grains/EventConsumerGrain.cs:line 247
at Squidex.Infrastructure.EventSourcing.Grains.EventConsumerGrain.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext() in /src/src/Squidex.Infrastructure/EventSourcing/Grains/EventConsumerGrain.cs:line 91
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at Squidex.Infrastructure.EventSourcing.Grains.EventConsumerGrain.DoAndUpdateStateAsync(Func`1 action, String caller) in /src/src/Squidex.Infrastructure/EventSourcing/Grains/EventConsumerGrain.cs:line 200

RuleEnqueuer
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Squidex.Domain.Apps.Entities.Rules.RuleEnqueuer.On(Envelope1 event) in /src/src/Squidex.Domain.Apps.Entities/Rules/RuleEnqueuer.cs:line 80 at Squidex.Infrastructure.EventSourcing.Grains.EventConsumerGrain.DispatchConsumerAsync(Envelope1 event) in /src/src/Squidex.Infrastructure/EventSourcing/Grains/EventConsumerGrain.cs:line 247
at Squidex.Infrastructure.EventSourcing.Grains.EventConsumerGrain.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext() in /src/src/Squidex.Infrastructure/EventSourcing/Grains/EventConsumerGrain.cs:line 91
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at Squidex.Infrastructure.EventSourcing.Grains.EventConsumerGrain.DoAndUpdateStateAsync(Func`1 action, String caller) in /src/src/Squidex.Infrastructure/EventSourcing/Grains/EventConsumerGrain.cs:line 200

Sorry, I cannot help you like that. Which version are you using? Can you provide a backup of your database?

Hi,

We’re running 4.3.0, but even the backup functionality of squidex fails. Though we have over 5000 images in the asset store

I think it is all the same problem. Some null value there in the events which the code does not expect. So if you can send me a backup of your database (not over Squidex) I can have a look.