- [ x] Checked the logs and have provided the logs if I found something suspicious there
I’m submitting a…
- [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
- [ ] Bug report
- [ ] Performance issue
- [x ] Documentation issue or request
So unlike all other browsers Safari on iOS and OSX requires a byte range for mp4 video, that is it needs a 206 response not a 200. This means I cannot embed mp4 assets from Squidex as they won’t play in Safari.
The Squidex API would stream the video file back to the client.
Minimal reproduction of the problem
Host a mp4 video as a asset, then try embed it in a webpage using the tag, this will play on all browsers but not Safari on Mac.
- [ ] Self hosted with docker
- [x ] Self hosted with IIS
- [ ] Self hosted with other version
- [ ] Cloud version
- [ ] Chrome (desktop)
- [ ] Chrome (Android)
- [ ] Chrome (iOS)
- [ ] Firefox
- [x ] Safari (desktop)
- [ x] Safari (iOS)
- [ ] IE
- [ ] Edge
I am using folder storage.