[IMPLEMENTED] Geolocation improvement?

Hi,

We’re very enthousiatic about your solution ! As I work with maps, the geolocation feature is quite important to me.
Do you plan to improve it ? For example, would it be possible to search with an adress ?
Or, would it be possible to improve the geolocation by making it possible to click on a new area of the map, rather than drag-dropping the little icon ? It would be more intuitive for our final clients, as it is closer to Google Maps’.

Thanks !

Fiona

Hi,

I have no concrete plans ,but if users have requests I can improve it:

1. About clicking: You also click the map while moving around and I don’t want that you change the marker by accident though. But I can introduce a CTRL+Click or so for that.

2. About searching by address: I think there is no good and free solution for that, that is somehow close to what Google offers. If you know something, please tell me.

Thanks for your fast answer Sebastian !

If you host it yourself you can just use Google Maps, it is supported there.

I have found this: https://github.com/perliedman/leaflet-control-geocoder

Works okay.

We plan to use the version hosted by you. Could you implement the Leaflet Control Geocoder in the official version and leave us with the possibility to add our own Mapbox or Google Api geocoding token?

It is definitely doable but a bigger effort. Let me deploy the new version tomorrow and then you can see if you are fine with that.

What do you think?

Thanks.
Let’s see the new version tomorrow and we will let you know how it works for us.

1 Like

It’s perfect, thanks ! The research by adress will help us a lot.

1 Like

Awesome, great. Will close it then :slight_smile: