How to display form to create user

I have…

• [ ] Checked the logs and have provided the logs if I found something suspicious there

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [ ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ X] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

Hello,
I have installed squidex inside a local server (kubernetes) and cannot create users. The message Ask your administrator to create an account appears in the authentication mask. How can I enable the form for creating users?

Best regards,
Federica

Environment

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ X] Self hosted with other version
  • [ ] Cloud version

Version: [VERSION]

Browser:

• [ ] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [X ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

If you use an external identity provider, the first user is the admin, otherwise you have use the IDENTITY__ADMINUSER and password to create an admin user as described in the docs.

I created the admin via variable, at the moment I would not want to use an external provider, also because we will have to integrate it with SPID (Public Digital Identity System).

I read the document but I did not understand correctly. I have created a new app to which my colleagues must access for evaluation as an editor. Do I need an app identity provider and connect it to the app? I honestly did not understand the explanation well.

Thanks,
Federica

Hi,

you have to go to the admin section and create the user accounts. THen you add your colleagues to the apps, they should have access to.

Hi,

I entered the email addresses of my colleagues but the option to set the password does not appear, the only way I have found at the moment is to copy the “admin” password as a hash inside mongo.

If you click on your profile on the top right you should see a link to the admin section.

thank you! it works

Federica

1 Like