GraphQL query returns null data

I have…

• [ ] Checked the logs and have uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there. Please do not post the log file in the topic because very often something important is missing.

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [ x ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

When I authenticate my POST fetch request to with a token generated from the auth api or from the “just use this token” section of the client config in Squidex cloud settings, I get a result back, but with the main resolver data field null or an empty array.

Expected behavior

Data should come back

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Just make a fetch POST request to https://contents.squidex.io/{app-name-here}/graphql (or to the non-cached cloud.squidex.io/api endpoint)
and query one of the auto-generated content resolvers.

Environment

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [ x ] Cloud version

Version: [VERSION]

Browser:

• [ ] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ x ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

Is there no error or non 200 status code? Is the schema very new? (The GraphQL schema is cached a little bit)

I just tested it and it works fine for me:

Same issue happens on both the contents.squidex.io endpoint and the cloud.squidex.io/api endpoints. They are schemas that are weeks old (likewise for the content)

The query works fine in graphiql on the cloud website, however when I execute the same query directly though the api to our specific project, I then get the empty result.

Is it null or empty? This is a BIG difference :wink:

The issue was solved over private messages.

The public api only returns published data, which my data was not. The website graphiql interface’s behavior is to always return data for content.

1 Like