Graphql nested/deep filtering

Hi Sebastian,
I am new to Squidex and I’m testing it out to make it the main headless cms to use for making websites.

I’ve tried creating different schemas: a main one for navigation (home, contact, products…) and other ones for contents (articles, heroes, posts…). All the contents have a reference field to the navigation menu(s) where those contents will end up being displayed in the website.
My idea was to get contents through the GraphQL API and filter them by their navigation menu so that I could, for example, request all content for the page “home page”… but I soon discovered that is currently not supported.
I searched in this forum for a solution but I couldn’t find any, is there anything you can suggest me to solve my issue? If I switch to using the REST API would it work for my scenario?

In the case where there’s no solution, how complex do you think would it be to implement a feature to allow deep filtering?

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [ ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [x] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

Error while filtering graphql queries for reference data

Expected behavior

Return the filtered data

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Example of a query without and with the filter:

Environment

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [x] Cloud version
1 Like

Hi,

there is no solution for that and I think it could be very difficult to implement something like that. The problem is that the items to filter grow exponentially with every level.

Hei,

This is also a nice to have when debugging data in the GraphiQL UI. I don’t think I would use it in production but when reviewing data or debugging fronted issues it would nice to filter deep.

Thanks.