[DECLINED] Cascade Resolve References

I have…

• [ ] Checked the logs and have uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there. Please do not post the log file in the topic because very often something important is missing.

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [ X ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

A small bug that I finally understood.
I have a schema A with a reference to a document B (min = 1, max = 1 and Resolve references to true). This document B in reference has an asset (min = 1 and max = 1 and Resolve references to true).
As a result, in the list of content A, the interface finds the reference to document B but also looks for a reference to the asset

Id 72a37093-1d92-45d6-ae94-c6781443f3c1 is Guid of asset in document B

Expected behavior

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Environment

• [ X ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [ ] Cloud version

Version: master

Browser:

• [ X ] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

Cascading resolving was never implemented and it will never be implemented … Sorry

I just don’t want a cascading resolution. Just that it shows me the first reference and not the asset id of the second :wink:

But it works as expected. You have to remove the asset from the referenced fields for your schema to get it fixed.

Okay, I get it.
That’s because in my scheme, the ‘Reference Fields’ in UI parameters want to display the text and the image.
That this is used by the parent schema, it wants to resolve the image (and display the text) which it can’t do because there is no cascade. I just have to remove the image field, keep only the text and I don’t have the asset id :slight_smile:
Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.