Content API - Localizable fields

I have…

  • [ ] Checked the logs and have uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there. Please do not post the log file in the topic because very often something important is missing.

I’m submitting a…

  • [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [X] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

When I check the “Content API” the localizable fields display keys named “property1” / “property2” instead of the list of available languages (“fr” / “en” / …).

Can you check why the locales are not displayed ?

Expected behavior


  • [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [X] Cloud version

Version: [VERSION]


  • [X] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge


it is not a bug. The OpenAPI specification has been changed to populate the fields as maps instead of objects.

In C# a dictionary is then used per field (HashMap in Java). The reason is that it makes the API more stable for new languages and that less classes are generated by the code generator.

Then the documentation tool just used property1 and property2 as an example. Unfortunantely I cannot change that.