Cloud CDN Status Query

I have…

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [ ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [X] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

With reference to announcement 2020-02-10 Asset and Content CDN BETA, I’m checking to see whether the CDN via Fastly feature is production ready since I’m having a hard time finding updates about it. We’re seeing a lot of anonymous traffic on the API calls and reviewing the report I found that it was mostly assets calls.

Also, if we switch to the CDN domains, would asset calls be counted towards the monthly cap?

And one last question: How long do assets uploaded on Squidex Cloud take to be available on the CDN?

Expected behavior

None; this post is a query.

Minimal reproduction of the problem

None; this post is a query.

Environment

App Name: ivagaming

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [X] Cloud version

Version: [N/A]

Browser:

• [X] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [X] Firefox
  • [X] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [X] Edge

Others:
None

Hi Andrea,

let me answer your questions:

Yes, all beta labels have been removed.

If you do not have clients with anonymous access, this is the expected behavior.

Yes, but only with factor of 0.5 percent.

If it is a new asset, it is there instantly, but if something is updated it might take a while to invalidate the cache keys.

Thanks for the information Sebastian. A 99.5% reduction on the cost of asset calls would be exactly what I’m after, plus we gain the additional benefit of reduced latency due to the nature of CDN.

With regards to the invalidation of cache keys, do you have any information on what is the usual TTL of the cache keys? We don’t change assets often, but it’s good to have the information at hand.

I think one hour, you can just test it out, if you request an asset from the CDN and check the max-age header.

But what I am referring to is the manual update. If you replace and asset or content, Squidex needs an invalidation message to the CDN.

Honestly, that’s why I asked because the response headers don’t include the life time of the content; just the age, but one hour is fine.

And now that I’m thinking about it, what content editors usually do is upload a new asset and remove the old one, and then update the content in the schemas (which we won’t fetch through the CDN), and when we rebuild our local cache, the changes with the reference to the new asset will be immediately available. So that sorts itself out.

Thanks again for the help!

Yes, because you have already received it before, therefore the 304.