Cannot create user

I have…

• [x] Checked the logs and haven’t provided a link because with reference link I am not able to do post. But you can check at last some portion of the log file.

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [x] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behaviour

After hosting website, login page throwing this error: Invalid user name or password.

Expected behaviour

User name password is right as per documentation then it should allow to login.

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Environment

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [x] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [ ] Cloud version

Version: [4.3.0]

Browser:

• [x] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

This is the exception I found in the log file which may be responsible for the same.

“exception”: {

"type": "Squidex.Infrastructure.Validation.ValidationException",

"message": "Cannot create user: This password has previously appeared in a data breach and should never be used. If you\u0027ve ever used it anywhere before, change it!.",

"stackTrace": "   at Squidex.Domain.Users.UserManagerExtensions.DoChecked(Func\u00601 action, String message) in /src/src/Squidex.Domain.Users/UserManagerExtensions.cs:line 246\r\n   at Squidex.Domain.Users.UserManagerExtensions.CreateAsync(UserManager\u00601 userManager, IUserFactory factory, UserValues values) in /src/src/Squidex.Domain.Users/UserManagerExtensions.cs:line 139\r\n   at Squidex.Domain.Users.UserManagerExtensions.CreateAsync(UserManager\u00601 userManager, IUserFactory factory, UserValues values) in /src/src/Squidex.Domain.Users/UserManagerExtensions.cs:line 146\r\n   at Squidex.Areas.IdentityServer.Config.CreateAdminHost.StartAsync(ISemanticLog log, CancellationToken ct) in /src/src/Squidex/Areas/IdentityServer/Config/CreateAdminHost.cs:line 86"

}

I mean the exception already gives you a hint. This password does not satisfies the security guidelines.

Actually my username is : ghanshyam@squidex.io and password is : Ghanshyam@1

I think password is matching all the criteria specified in document. From where i can change the user name or password after deploying website.

https://docs.squidex.io/01-getting-started/installation/configuration#i-see-the-login-screen-but-i-cannot-login

Passwords must not have been appeared in a data breach before: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

I already checked that password at there and then I had started deploying the website.

I think you have checked the email address.

1 Like