Can I easily clone an app?

Hi Sebastian. I’m using your cloud service, and am wondering if there’s an easy way to clone an app? (I’ve seen some prior support posts on this, but am not clear on the best way.)

My “use case” is that I have a programmer working on a tool that will access the app via API and I don’t want him working on the “live” app content. I’d like to create a temporary copy that he can work with.

You can either use the CLI (https://docs.squidex.io/02-documentation/developer-guides/automation-tools)

- or -

you have to create a backup and then a support ticket to restore the backup to a new app.

Thanks, Sebastian. A couple of follow-up questions:

1. The app I want cloned is 735mb and has 4 contributors, thus not qualifying for free level. Can the clone be under basic level subscription for 2-3 months at no charge while my programmer works with it?

2. For the backup request ticket can you get the backup zip from the Squidex cloud (I just ran it this morning) or do I need to upload the zip somewhere and send you a link?

1. Yes

2. Just send me the link as PM.

Just sent. Thank you!

We also have this need and the existing backup request wouldn’t suit our needs. In a multi-client situation, we would need to request potentially several “backups” and then restorations to get one client onboarded. Just hoping to “up vote” this feature request. :slight_smile:

You can use the sync feature for the CLI for that. But there are no plans to open the restore feature.