API Performance & Need for Speed [Google Page Insights Speed Test] CACHING OPTIONS

Hi @Sebastian,

Just seeking help to understand this from you better. We have used next edition of Cloud Squidex for better Performance with CDN support. We are still getting very poor results in Google Page Insights.

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?hl=en&url=dev.vanna.io

Is this because of performace of Squidex APIs. We are using GraphQL APIs in production and are getting 11ms on average API performance being reported but seem to be loosing more time somewhere.

Please can you help us better understand how can we improve Squidex API performance using some CACHING options that you support ?

There are so many questions:

1. Where are you located?
  2. You said you are using the CDN, but I don’t see it.
  3. Are you making the requests in Javascript only or also on your server?
  4. Have you measured end to end performance? I can only provide you numbers until the response is sent.

Hi @Sebastian

1. Where are you located?
    SOUTH EAST ASIA
  2. You said you are using the CDN, but I don’t see it.
    PROFESSIONAL EDITION (Does it not switch on CDN with Squidex automatically for assets API Calls)
  3. Are you making the requests in Javascript only or also on your server?
    Currently Only CMS - Squidex is backend (Server will come in next few product iterations)
  4. Have you measured end to end performance? I can only provide you numbers until the response is sent.
    Yes I agree, hence I am trying to rule out SQUIDEX as bottle neck in terms of performance issue area

Where are you located?
SOUTH EAST ASIA

This will have an impact, that is for sure, because the latency will be longer. For example. The latency from my location to the data center is around 30ms. From your location around 180ms. CDN will reduce that. The question is: Is the latency to root cause or not? The only option to test it is to measure it.

You said you are using the CDN, but I don’t see it.
PROFESSIONAL EDITION (Does it not switch on CDN with Squidex automatically for assets API Calls)

The CDN is described here: https://docs.squidex.io/02-documentation/developer-guides/api-overview#cloud-cdn-beta

In general a CDN is not free, it cannot guarantee fresh data, therefore you have to opt in to use it.

Are you making the requests in Javascript only or also on your server?
Currently Only CMS - Squidex is backend (Server will come in next few product iterations)

I have seen that you are writing an angular app and you are making a few calls from the angular app to squidex CMS. They are very fast on my machine, but the initial page load is very slow. Therefore my assumption is that you are making a few calls in your backend as well. Are you doing server side rendering? If yes: Can you disable it for testing or can you cache it? If not: Why is it that slow?