500 Internal Server Error on PATCH request

I have…

• [x] Checked the logs and have provided the logs if I found something suspicious there

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [ ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [x] Documentation issue or request

Problem/Request

Hello!

We are currently experiencing a problem trying to do a PATCH request via API.
The curl request is the following:

curl -X PATCH -H “Accept: application/json” -H “Content-Type: application/json” -H "Authorization: Bearer " --data ‘{“name”:{“iv”:“Cassa in Cloud”},“description”:{“it”:“Cassa in Cloud � un software gestionale completo di tutte le funzionalit� utili a gestire efficacemente la tua attività commerciale. Dalla creazione di scontrini e fatture elettroniche fino alla gestione del magazzino o del tuo sito E-commerce, con Cassa in Cloud hai tutto sotto controllo, anche a distanza!”},“shortDescription”:{“it”:“Gestionale per Ristorazione/Retail”},“category”:{“it”:“retail-ristorazione-alberghi”},“url”:{“it”:“cassa-in-cloud”}}’ https://cloud.squidex.io/api/content/ts-store/product/5f664fc1-3b64-434b-b2df-1b7b304ab89c

and it works fine, but if we do the same request through our java server (with apache HttpClient) we receive a 500 Internal Server Error with no other error messages.

Is it something related to encoding or there’s something else?
Could you please provide a clue about this error?

Thank you!

Environment

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [x] Cloud version

Hi, It is indeed an encoding problem. I see exceptions like this in my logs: "Unable to translate bytes [E8] at index 68 from specified code page to Unicode."

Hi Sebastian, thank you for the quick reply.

1. Could you please confirm which encoding format is expected from Squidex?
  2. Would it be possible to receive that error message instead of Internal Server Error? So that we can see which characters are giving problems.

UTF8 should work fine.

Thank you, we solved this problem.

1 Like

I have deployed a new version that returns a HTTP 400 status code with details when the exception is thrown.