2021-01-13 Designs for UI modernization

Hello together,

I am working on design modernization since a while. The screens are available here: https://projects.invisionapp.com/share/YVZWRXTKCR8

Feedback is very welcome.

4 Likes

Couldn’t find the thread for Installation screen banner so writing here, hope that’s okay.

The system checklist. I don’t think you should include the Warning with your setup only admin can create new apps…
This “Note” should be outside of the System Checklist I think.
Because it gives a sense that your installation is not properly configured which it is.
And they yellow icon puts even more emphasis.
Just some thoughts :wink:

1 Like

Hi Sebastian,

1. Just curious about whether you guys are still considering a UI facelift?

2. If so, what are the latest developments?

3. Would you be using TailwindCSS?

4. Is TailwindCSS what was used in the Invision App screens that you posted above?

Thanks.

The design has been implemented a while ago and no redesign is planned because it does not really improve UX that much. The latest developments are relatively small, but right now I focus on memory usage and allocations and improvements to content queries to make Squidex faster for large data sets (100.00 to 5.000.000 records). You should also check the changelogs.

Personally I dont like tailwind CSS, I think the utility class approach sucks and I understand CSS good enough that I don’t need utilities for custom CSS. But that’s just me personal opinion.

The designs have been created by the designers, and imported to Invision.