[SOLVED] Downloading API Access Logs from Web UI

I’m submitting a…

[ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
[x] Bug report
[ ] Performance issue
[ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

There is a “Download Log” button on the “API Calls” Card on the Project overview. When I click it, i see a spinning icon for a while, then nothing

Expected behavior

a Logfile gets sent to the browser to download

Minimal reproduction of the problem

click “Download Log” Button

Environment

• [ ] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [X] Cloud version

Browser:

• [X] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

Thanks, I will have a look. Btw: have you had a look to your download folder? It works a little bit different than a normal file download.

Update: There is no exception in the logs.

I have nothing in my download folder, but my javascript console mentions an error:

We do have a lot of requests though, so that could be a size issue :slight_smile:

Can you add me to your app?

sure, I invited you via email

Thank you, then I will have to find another solution. The process was not great anyway.

1 Like

overall the feature would be very useful - we see less requests to squidex going out on our monitoring than you report, and I wanted to check up on the discrepancy, maybe our monitoring is broken

This is the reason why I implemented. Please also note two things:

1. Each API call has a cost associated to it, e.g.: https://github.com/Squidex/squidex/blob/master/src/Squidex/Areas/Api/Controllers/Assets/AssetsController.cs#L133

Most management API calls are free, but GraphQL calls have a cost of 2, because you can do very expensive stuff in a single call.

1. The API calls that are made through the UI are also added to your monthly quota. The reason is that some users make a lot of calls there and use static site generators to deliver their website.

Both things are pointed out in the export with a column for the client and a column for the costs.

Hi, I fixed it and deployed it. It can take a while because the I have restrictions from my cloud provider.