I have been working on two features on an internal fork of Squidex from within the Business I work at. We have made two changes:
- Improve the Schema Filter - this now works by partial match and allows split terms and then filters the schema results based on all terms being a partial match, the UI changes are only a few LOC in the angualar app and replace the default implementation which was doing a simple indexOf for the entire search text. It also now searches the schema label, not just the schema name field.
This feature makes it a bit friendlier when trying to search or explore schemas but do not know the entire schema name terms or only know names by labels which have been added.
- Language dropdown enhancement - This changes the default styling for all languages in the dropdown the squidex grey colour and then boldens any language where it detected that language in any of the following contexts:
- The contents page where many content items come back which may or may not have language data
- The content page where a content item has fields with localized data and the dropdown will bold if a certain field has language data for it or not
- The third context is the history of a content item where the dropdown will be bold if it found languages for a field and the right side (the history/previous version) would potentially show no bold languages if a new language was recently added.
The language dropdown feature allows users to keep track of potentially adding in localization support and also allows users to only navigate to certain content that they know does or does not have localized records.
Regarding these features, I do not know how it works from inside the Business to how we can contribute so these pull requests are on our fork of Squidex, not PRs on the main Squidex. I dont know if you want them, I dont know if you need them. I’m not sure how it works.
The business was happy with these features that I showed and really want them in Squidex but did recommend I check with Squidex/yourself to see how to get these merged in and make sure they do not conflict with anything currently being worked on since they plan on doing a pull/merge from Github again soon.