[IMPLEMENTED] Schema Filter & Language Dropdown Changes

Hi Sebastion,

I have been working on two features on an internal fork of Squidex from within the Business I work at. We have made two changes:

1. Improve the Schema Filter - this now works by partial match and allows split terms and then filters the schema results based on all terms being a partial match, the UI changes are only a few LOC in the angualar app and replace the default implementation which was doing a simple indexOf for the entire search text. It also now searches the schema label, not just the schema name field.

This feature makes it a bit friendlier when trying to search or explore schemas but do not know the entire schema name terms or only know names by labels which have been added.

1. Language dropdown enhancement - This changes the default styling for all languages in the dropdown the squidex grey colour and then boldens any language where it detected that language in any of the following contexts:
  • The contents page where many content items come back which may or may not have language data
  • The content page where a content item has fields with localized data and the dropdown will bold if a certain field has language data for it or not
  • The third context is the history of a content item where the dropdown will be bold if it found languages for a field and the right side (the history/previous version) would potentially show no bold languages if a new language was recently added.

The language dropdown feature allows users to keep track of potentially adding in localization support and also allows users to only navigate to certain content that they know does or does not have localized records.

Regarding these features, I do not know how it works from inside the Business to how we can contribute so these pull requests are on our fork of Squidex, not PRs on the main Squidex. I dont know if you want them, I dont know if you need them. I’m not sure how it works.

The business was happy with these features that I showed and really want them in Squidex but did recommend I check with Squidex/yourself to see how to get these merged in and make sure they do not conflict with anything currently being worked on since they plan on doing a pull/merge from Github again soon.

I definitely want the first one. Can you make a few screenshots for the second feature?

Contents Page. It shows a HINT that a record in all the records, does have the languages bolded.

Individual Field will show Bold when a Language data was present for the field

History / Compare

You may have to bear with us for a while regarding these and the other feature posted by Simon.

We are working out how best to approach and contribute back in a safe way since these are the first features that we want to contribute officially. I think internally we are leaning towards developing and merging things into the Main Squidex instead of developing features on our internal repo which is slightly behind.

Yes, thats cool. Would love to see the PR.

I would suggest to make a normal table for the languages dropdown because the layout looks a little bit messy. It is my fault, but perhaps you wanna fix it as well.

1 Like

I made the changes with the table. In the end I messed it up.

How is it going? Waiting for the PR :wink:

Really sorry, we’re still stuck on getting a proper Github Org setup. I’ve halted any further work on Squidex UI or contributions back to Squidex until this process is put in place, along with the Navigation Tree work Simon has completed. Due to this, my efforts have been placed elsewhere until this is resolved by those who can make the process official.

I think we’ve decided to use personal PR’s until an Organisation is setup, however we still are not prioritising this work just yet. However, I did make a PR which shows the 2nd one (but not working with the latest squidex).

This was a PR, but because there was no more activity it was closed.

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

I am actually working on this now based on another feature request from a user over a call.

But with some changes to the actual user request:

• Provide a the translation status as percent
  • Store the translation status in the database (so you query by that).