[IMPLEMENTED] Custom language codes

I have…

• [x ] Checked the logs and have uploaded a log file and provided a link because I found something suspicious there. Please do not post the log file in the topic because very often something important is missing.

I’m submitting a…

• [ ] Regression (a behavior that stopped working in a new release)
  • [x ] Bug report
  • [ ] Performance issue
  • [ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

The current ISO language code for sweden is wrong (and others, but we need the swedish code to be correct)
The current value for this ISO code is: sv-SE, which should be sv to be compliant with the ISO 639-1 standard

Expected behavior

I expect the correct language code.

Any chance for fixing this?

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Environment

• [ x] Self hosted with docker
  • [ ] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [ ] Cloud version

Version:5.4

Browser:

• [x ] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

I am not using ISO 639-1, it is IETF language tag.

we can discuss this, but I am not treating this as a bug, because this would mean to fix it asap.

My bad, I tought you did…

Is there any way, we maybe can define values in languages? Something like you could define the language code, or if nothing is defined, fall back to the IETF language tag?

Right now, it is not possible. In theory it does not really matter for the system how you define the language code, so we could migrate it to a free form field with autocompletion instead. Then you can enter whatever you want. But there are cases where it is important to use correct language ocdes, e.g. translation using Google Translate and so on. Then it makes a difference whether you use en or en-GB for example.

The free form field with autocomplete could be great and really neat!

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.