[SOLVED] After App Restore, Missing Items in Settings

I’m submitting a…

[ ] Regression (a behavior that topped working in a new release)
[ x] Bug report
[ ] Performance issue
[ ] Documentation issue or request

Current behavior

When restoring an app backup (backup from cloud, taken today, restore on latest release (1.10) on self hosted, the settings panel is missing a number of options. The only settings available are Clients, Languages, and Patterns. Missing is: Backups, Contributors, More. I cannot add any users to this restored app.

Expected behavior

I expect to add users to a restored app.

Minimal reproduction of the problem

Backup from cloud, restore to 1.10, notice settings menu is missing options.

Environment

• [ ] Self hosted with version docker
  • [ x] Self hosted with IIS
  • [ ] Self hosted with other version
  • [ ] Cloud version

Browser:

• [x ] Chrome (desktop)
  • [ ] Chrome (Android)
  • [ ] Chrome (iOS)
  • [ ] Firefox
  • [ ] Safari (desktop)
  • [ ] Safari (iOS)
  • [ ] IE
  • [ ] Edge

Others:

Follow up, a second restore has these fields, the behaviour is inconsistent.

Can you share your backup? Just write me a private message if you want. I think you have been attached as a developer to the app. Not as a owner. Therefore you do not see all options.

Do you mean my email address needs to be attached to the app before it is backed up? I thought the owner of the restored instance should have admin rights of all apps created. Sent PM.

I have resolved this issue. To make it work, a user with the same email address must already be in the target system as the source system before running restore. That user also needs to have owner rights.

This is probably an important note to put on this page to avoid others having the same issue.

Yes, thats correct, but as a fallback the user who makes the import should become the owner. Will have to check it.

That user doing the import was assigned a non-owner role, i believe it was developer.

I pushed a potential fix.